Linden's what exactly are they. Okay, as in RL (Real Life) you need to have money in SL as well. Linden's are a currency for this virtual world. SL has its own cyber economy. Linden dollars is based on an exchange rate from L$ to US$. This exchange rate floats according to a real market in SL. For more information on Lindens and the creation of SL go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Life
When you join, http://secondlife.com/. You get to choose and Avatar. Dembe is an Avatar. An Avatar is the way you look to others in SL. This Avatar can be a generated pre-made Avatar from SL or you can make your Avatar look any way you want. An Avatar is just a resident in SL and can take any form. It is how you wish to represent yourself in SL.
For those of you that can not get enough of SL, you can read the official SL blog at http://blog.secondlife.com/
- Dembe Wellman
- Cyber, World, United States
- Dembe is an international educator that is a member of ISTE and EDUPODCASTING. SHe has created this blog for research and development as well as to document and make SL easier for other educators. Below, please check out the Educator's Survival Pack. It is designed to help new educators entering SL and Teen SL to Teach.
- ► 2008 (10)
- Avatar Statistics from SLBuzz.com
- Website for Kids: Webkinz and The Merbs
- Meeting some Builders in SL
- Fun Things in SL
- Dembe at the OSCARS and Playing Video
- Profile and Giving Items
- Show and Tell in SL
- Disasters in SL
- Volunteer in SL
- Valentine's Day in SL
- Everybody Needs A Friend
- Leading a Double Life?
- We Meet for Work in SL
- Picks for February 8th
- Meet the Real Life Dembe of Second Life
- Didn’t Your Mother Ever Tell You, “Not to Accept a...
- Great Article on SL
- Picks for the day!
- The Linden and Avatars
- Meet Dembe Wellman
- When real life just is not enough!
- ▼ February (21)