This blog is a cyber guide to my adventures in Second Life. I am blogging about the possible educational uses of Second Life and safe sites that are New Comer Friendly to SL. Just like in Real Life SL can be a scarey place. You need to stay out of those red light districts and find places that are fun, relaxing and educational. I will look locations, interactions and of course educational purposes of Second Life. Follow along with me on a daily trip with the Adventures of Dembe. We will be rating locations on safety, user ability and most of all G/PG and mature ratings.
Those of you thinking of joining in on second life - remember to follow Internet Safety Rules and never give out any personal information to anyone in SL regardless of who you think they are.
Joining Second Life can be fun, but also addictive so limit you time there and stick to the limit.
Finally, after you join I highly recommended that you complete the tutorials and beginner orientation. It will help you in the long run understand and be able to function in SL. Just as in RL there are no shortcuts in SL either.
- Dembe Wellman
- Cyber, World, United States
- Dembe is an international educator that is a member of ISTE and EDUPODCASTING. SHe has created this blog for research and development as well as to document and make SL easier for other educators. Below, please check out the Educator's Survival Pack. It is designed to help new educators entering SL and Teen SL to Teach.
- ► 2008 (10)
- Avatar Statistics from SLBuzz.com
- Website for Kids: Webkinz and The Merbs
- Meeting some Builders in SL
- Fun Things in SL
- Dembe at the OSCARS and Playing Video
- Profile and Giving Items
- Show and Tell in SL
- Disasters in SL
- Volunteer in SL
- Valentine's Day in SL
- Everybody Needs A Friend
- Leading a Double Life?
- We Meet for Work in SL
- Picks for February 8th
- Meet the Real Life Dembe of Second Life
- Didn’t Your Mother Ever Tell You, “Not to Accept a...
- Great Article on SL
- Picks for the day!
- The Linden and Avatars
- Meet Dembe Wellman
- When real life just is not enough!
- ▼ February (21)