Thursday, March 15, 2007
Message Board - A Must Have SL Classroom Tool!
Dembe has come across many items in SL that are creative and fun. Many have educational uses. However, the one Dembe is going to spotlight in this blog, pictured above, is the Message Board which is a web-driven tool. Yes, web-driven folks - this means you do not have to log into SL to post messages. It also means you do not have to create any note cards! :-) This is a very cool, exciting and easy to use tool Dembe is fascinated and impressed with. It is a must have educational item for the SL classroom or educational island!
To post a message, simply go to the webpage url, type your message, click post and your message is there in SL for students. It is very user friendly. You can see Dembe's message in the picture at the top of this blog as a sample. This is a great tool to remind students of events - inworld and out, midterms, finals, project and paper due dates, homework, or to simply give out simple instructions and class updates. You can go to the store url listed below and try it out before you buy it for a low price of 199L.
The message board was designed by a game designer and computer programmer named Darius Lahane. Darius is in the picture above with the Message Board he designed. Darius is a very creative designer and owner of iTunes Radio and Particle Wizard Creator on Semang located at http://slurl.com/secondlife/semang/246/45/301. There are many great items for educational us in SL in his store. This is one of a few I plan on blogging about over the next couple of weeks.
The price of this Message Board is 199L and it takes up 34 prims when it is in use on your land. Both the color and letters can be changed and adjusted by the texture controls. Again, try it out for yourself. It is user friendly and Dembe is positive you will find it a necessary tool for your SL classroom as well.
Regards till my next blog,
- Dembe Wellman
- Cyber, World, United States
- Dembe is an international educator that is a member of ISTE and EDUPODCASTING. SHe has created this blog for research and development as well as to document and make SL easier for other educators. Below, please check out the Educator's Survival Pack. It is designed to help new educators entering SL and Teen SL to Teach.
- ► 2008 (10)
- Who Would You Like To Be?
- Scuba Diving in SL?
- Top 10 Things You Thought You Would Never Say in a...
- Pear Computer: Educational Tool in SL
- Edwards SL Campaign
- ProtonMedia and Business
- Real Life Educational Places in SL
- Twitter - Message Board for SL
- Tsunami Simulation in SL
- Fox News - Presidential Hopeful Edwards Set Up SL ...
- Texas State University - SL Village Campus
- Dutch Politicans Enter SL for Nov 22 Election
- NOAA's SL Virtual Island for Weather and Science
- San José State University's School of Library & In...
- Message Board - A Must Have SL Classroom Tool!
- Second Life Inworld Publications
- Professional Attire in SL; Where Do I Find a Suit?...
- Hair and the Professional Avatar
- The 1Linden Skin
- 1st Place to Visit on SL after Creation and Orient...
- Meet Dalphy Beaumont
- Evolution of Dembe's New Business Look
- The Business Look in Second Life
- Acronyms used in SL
- Pathfinders Inworld Office and Linden Village
- Must Know Second Life Vocabulary
- "Virtual Worlds Have Real Popularity"
- Make Phone Calls Home from SL: Vivox Million Minut...
- So Second Life is Just Not Enough Virtual World fo...
- Present in SL using Voice through Skype and Second...
- ▼ March (31)