Okay, over the past few months, I have been to meetings in SL, held meetings in SL, attended classes in SL, observed classes in SL on the teen and adult grid. And of course played in SL. :-)
During this time period, Dembe began a collection of phrases and quotes that she never thought she might have to use or say in a classroom during her educational career. SL has open boundaries in new areas and classroom policies and rules is no exception.
Below, I would like to share with you the top 10 Phrases Educators Never Thought They Might Say in a Classroom:
10. Instead of riding around on your cow, do you think you can assist some of the other avatars in class.
9. Who needs 100L to upload and complete the project?
8. Remember - no skin in class.
7. Please take your tail off.
6. You can't wear those wings in here.
5. Lets try to keep all our communication in world today!
4. We have a large class today, please take off any extra prims such as, tails, cat ears and other non-necessary prim items.
3. This is a weapons free zone. Please leave all weapon in your inventory.
2. Great! You have the basic skills down, you can walk, talk and fly.
1. Who left out the jet pack?
I hope you enjoyed reading these as much as I have collecting them over the past few weeks.
Regards till my next post,
- Dembe Wellman
- Cyber, World, United States
- Dembe is an international educator that is a member of ISTE and EDUPODCASTING. SHe has created this blog for research and development as well as to document and make SL easier for other educators. Below, please check out the Educator's Survival Pack. It is designed to help new educators entering SL and Teen SL to Teach.
- ► 2008 (10)
- Who Would You Like To Be?
- Scuba Diving in SL?
- Top 10 Things You Thought You Would Never Say in a...
- Pear Computer: Educational Tool in SL
- Edwards SL Campaign
- ProtonMedia and Business
- Real Life Educational Places in SL
- Twitter - Message Board for SL
- Tsunami Simulation in SL
- Fox News - Presidential Hopeful Edwards Set Up SL ...
- Texas State University - SL Village Campus
- Dutch Politicans Enter SL for Nov 22 Election
- NOAA's SL Virtual Island for Weather and Science
- San José State University's School of Library & In...
- Message Board - A Must Have SL Classroom Tool!
- Second Life Inworld Publications
- Professional Attire in SL; Where Do I Find a Suit?...
- Hair and the Professional Avatar
- The 1Linden Skin
- 1st Place to Visit on SL after Creation and Orient...
- Meet Dalphy Beaumont
- Evolution of Dembe's New Business Look
- The Business Look in Second Life
- Acronyms used in SL
- Pathfinders Inworld Office and Linden Village
- Must Know Second Life Vocabulary
- "Virtual Worlds Have Real Popularity"
- Make Phone Calls Home from SL: Vivox Million Minut...
- So Second Life is Just Not Enough Virtual World fo...
- Present in SL using Voice through Skype and Second...
- ▼ March (31)